I highly doubt that things would've changed in the long run. Sure, she wouldn't have been disappointed in the beginning of the story, but she still would have met the same people. Plus, even if she did live in a nicer house, it still would've been in a bad neighborhood, meaning that there would still be a likely chance that she would've been sexually assaulted by a group of boys. She would've also been influenced by Sally, because having a nice house wouldn't change your personality, or the people you're drawn to.
I think that things would have changed because Esperanza seems to be very self concious and ashamed of her home, which greatly affects her. The neighborhood she lives in does not seem to be very safe, so i think she would not be as afraid to roam around on her own. Also, she probably would not have gotten raped.
I think that it could go either way. If she lived in a nicer house, I think that she might have liked to play in the backyard or maybe play with her family members. So, she wouldn't roam around as much. Or things could remain as they are in the story. It all depends on what the author would want to do with the story if the house was changed.
4 comments:
I highly doubt that things would've changed in the long run. Sure, she wouldn't have been disappointed in the beginning of the story, but she still would have met the same people. Plus, even if she did live in a nicer house, it still would've been in a bad neighborhood, meaning that there would still be a likely chance that she would've been sexually assaulted by a group of boys. She would've also been influenced by Sally, because having a nice house wouldn't change your personality, or the people you're drawn to.
I think that things would have changed because Esperanza seems to be very self concious and ashamed of her home, which greatly affects her. The neighborhood she lives in does not seem to be very safe, so i think she would not be as afraid to roam around on her own. Also, she probably would not have gotten raped.
I think that it could go either way. If she lived in a nicer house, I think that she might have liked to play in the backyard or maybe play with her family members. So, she wouldn't roam around as much. Or things could remain as they are in the story. It all depends on what the author would want to do with the story if the house was changed.
Girls, this sounds like a great (if sad) book -- I'll put it on my list!
Post a Comment